Monday, November 28, 2011

R.I.P. Tiggy

Today, I lost my friend.  My cat, Tiggy, has been put to rest.  This was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  My heart is broken and I can't stop crying.  I know in my heart that this was best for him, but at the same time I feel like I should have kept him with us. 

Tiggy was 19 years old.  We almost lost him a year ago.  Due to old age, his kidneys were not working very well.  I have been giving him fluids just about every day to flush his kidneys and keep him going.  I have tube fed him when he didn't want to eat.  Because of this, I have enjoyed him for more than another year. 

Recently, Tiggy stopped eating anything and this week he suddenly lost his vision.  He couldn't see or hear and he was totally in the dark; lost.  Tiggy was such a good cat, even though he couldn't see or hear, he searched for his cat box and always went where he was supposed to. 

He will be severely missed.  Now, he is the Grand Puba of kitty heaven!  Poppy will take care of him now.  R.I.P. Tiggy you were my best friend. 



0 comments: