Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bead Making

I figured that I really like working with clay and wire, so why not create my own unique beads and cabs into my artwork. The satisfaction of knowing that my jewelry pieces are completely made by me is worth the work. And, my jewelry pieces are very very different than the jewelry makers that are simply buying components from the same distributors and putting them together.


I have been exploring different ways to make clay beads and the best way to finish them. I have come to the conclusion that for the small round beads, you can simply tumble them and then buff them. But, for cabs and other shaped beads, hand sanding is the way to go.


There are so many possibilities to create fun looks with clay and I think there are many good things to come from it. If you like my art work, follow this blog or you can follow Body Ice Jewelry on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Poughkeepsie-NY/bodyice-jewelry/117115924975790?ref=sgm to get periodic discount codes for purchases at www.bodyice.net/jewelry.


Here is a picture of the second piece of the Calypso Series. I am still working on it and don't know quite yet how I will finish the necklace. We will see...

0 comments: