Thursday, September 16, 2010

Working in my Studio Today

I had finished a new face cane in polymer clay and decided to create a fun new sheet of artwork with it. So, I've been busy in my art studio today making new clay components for my future jewelry projects. It takes a while to decide how to cut each piece and then process the components to get them ready for a resin coating. They are now ready for the resin, which is what I will do in the morning tomorrow. I have decided that the jewelry created with these pieces will be my Cruella DeVille Series. I chose this name because the face cane that has been incorporated into the artwork reminds me of the mean Cruella DeVille of the 1001 Dalmations Disney movie.

I have yet to take pictures of the new components and will do so after they have been coated with resin. I will post them tomorrow for all to see then. So, come back tomorrow to see what I have done. I have some really cool plans for these and can't wait to get started with them.

In the meantime, I will be working on a few new pieces of jewelry using some clay beads that I had previously made to have them ready for our upcoming show. Body Ice will be at the Big Moose Lodge in Hyde Park, NY this Saturday for a trunk show. All of our pieces will be on display there.

Come back tomorrow to see my new clay components for the Cruella DeVille Series.

0 comments: